Ford Freestyle information:
Ford Freestyle is a type of full-size crossover produced by an American automobile manufacturer, Ford Motor Company, in 2004-2007, before being renamed into Ford Taurus X for the 2008 model year. This model was assembled in the Chicago Assembly in the United States. It was intended to be the successor of Ford Taurus station wagon.
Ford Freestyle has 5-door crossover body style with front-engine front-wheel drive and front-engine four-wheel drive layout.
Models and Features
The latest 2007 version of Ford Freestyle has 4 different variants, namely the SEL 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic, SEL 3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic, Limited 3.0L V6 CVT Automatic, and Limited 3.0L V6 AWD CVT Automatic.
- For the exterior color, this model features alloy clearcoat metallic, black clearcoat, dark blue pearl clearcoat metallic, dune pearl clearcoat metallic, merlot clearcoat metallic, redfire clearcoat metallic, silver birch, and titanium green metallic.
- For the interior color, this model features black leather interior and pebble leather interior.
- For the exterior measurement, it has 74.4 inches (6 feet 2.4 inches) width, 199.8 inches (16 feet 7.8 inches) length, 65.9 inches (5 feet 5.9 inches) height, 8 inches ground clearance, 64.6 inches (5 feet 4.6 inches) front track, 65 inches (5 feet 5 inches rear track), and 112.9 inches (9 feet 4.9 inches) wheelbase.
- For the interior measurement, it has 39.4 inches front head room, 41.2 inches front leg room, 55.8 inches rear hip room, 40.2 inches rear leg room, 55.5 inches front hip room, 58.5 inches front shoulder room, 39.4 inches rear head room, and 57.9 inches rear shoulder room.
- For the weights and capacities, it has 1000 pounds maximum towing capacity, 27.2 degrees angle of departure, 85.2 cubic feet maximum cargo capacity, 20.4 degrees angle of approach, 17.6 cubic feet cargo capacity with all seats in place.
- For the drive train, the Ford Freestyle model has front wheel drive layout/drive type and continuously variable speed automatic transmission system.
- For engine and performance, it has 3.0 liters base engine size, V6 cylinder, 207 ft-lbs torque at 4500 rotation per minute, 39.7 feet turning circle, double overhead cam (DOHC) valve type, 24 valves, and 203 horsepower at 5750 rotation per minute.
- For the suspension, it features MacPherson strut front suspension, four-wheel independent suspension, multi-link rear suspension, and front and rear stabilizer bar.
- For the warranty, it has 3 year or 36,000 miles basic warranty, 5 year or 60,000 miles roadside warranty, and 5 year or 60,000 miles drivetrain warranty.
- For the interior front seats, it features multi-level heating passenger seat, 8-way power driver seat, multi-level heating driver seat, height-adjustable driver seat, fold flat passenger seat, 4-way power passenger seat, passenger seat with manual adjustable lumbar support, driver seat with manual adjustable lumbar support, leather seat, and bucket front seats.
- For the interior rear seats, it features split-folding rear setback, manual folding split bench third row seats, reclining rear seats, and rear ventilation ducts.
- For the interior power, it features digital keypad power door locks, heated mirrors, power mirrors, and one-touch power windows.
- For the interior instrumentation, it features clock, trip computer, low fuel level warning, tachometer, external temperature display, and compass.
- For the interior convenience, it features cruise control, front and rear door pockets, retained accessory power, power steering, tilt-adjustable steering wheel, front/rear/3rd row cup holders, overhead console with storage, front setback storage, 12V cargo area power outlets, and audio/cruise controls mounted on the steering wheel.
- For the interior comfort, it features dual zone climate control for driver and passenger, simulated wood trim on center console, leather trim on shift knob, rear floor mats, dual illuminating vanity mirrors, cargo area light, front and rear reading lights, leather steering wheel, and electrochromatic inside rearview mirror.
- For the interior entertainment, it features AM/FM stereo and subwoofer.
- For the roof and glass exterior, it features intermittent wipers, rear defogger, roof rack, privacy glass, and rear window wiper.
- For the tires and wheels, it features polished alloy wheels, steel spare wheel, all season tires, temporary spare tire, 18 inches wheels, P225/60R18 tires, and inside-mounted spare tire.
- For the doors, it features fixed liftgate window and rear liftgate window.
The Ford Freestyle uses gas engine with regular unleaded fuel type. The fuel tank is capable of storing 19 gallons of fuel in one go. The driving range is 342 miles for city driving and 475 miles for highway driving. The fuel economy is 18 miles per gallon for city driving and 25 miles per gallon for highway driving.
Safety Rating and Technology
There are various safety features embedded into the body of the Ford Freestyle vehicle, namely 4-wheel ABS, dual front side-mounted airbags, remote anti-theft alarm system, rear door child safety locks, front fog/driving lights, dusk sensing headlamps, 2 rear headrests, front seatbelt pretensioners, rear integrated headrests, front/rear/third row head airbags, child seat anchors, front and rear ventilated disc brakes, engine immobilizer, auto delay off headlamps, 2 front headrests, passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation, and electronic brakeforce distribution.
For the safety rating, Ford Freestyle has 5 stars rating for frontal impact on the driver side, 5 stars rating for frontal impact on the passenger side, 5 stars rating for side impact on the front occupants side, 5 stars rating for side impact on the rear occupants side, and 4 stars rating for the rollover resistance.
- Total American sales for Ford Freestyle are 8509 sales for the year 2004, 76739 sales for the year 2005, 58602 sales for the year 2006, and 23765 sales for the year 2007.
- Ford Freestyle was introduced for the first time at the 2003 Detroid Auto Show as the Freestyle Concept. Later, this concept car was produced for the 2005 model year.
- This model was originally going to be named Ford CrossTrainer, but due to the Ford naming philosophy (or rule), the vehicle needs to be renamed with F as the first letter, which brought the Freestyle model name.
Ford Freestyle Images:
|Ford Freestyle interior|
|Ford Freestyle engine|
|Ford Freestyle black|
|Ford Freestyle white|
|Ford Freestyle red|
|Ford Freestyle wheels|
Ford Freestyle modifications:
|All Ford Freestyle years|
|modification||price||cylinder||wheels||doors||width x length x height||clearance|
Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006 - 2007)
|29,205$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9||8.0|
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006 - 2007)
|31,055$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9||8.0|
SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006 - 2007)
|25,920$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9||8.0|
SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006 - 2007)
|27,770$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9||8.0|
Limited Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|28,440$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|30,440$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|26,440$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|28,240$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|25,040$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2005)
|26,840$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.4 x 199.8 x 65.9|
SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006)
|25,105$||6||front wheel drive||4||74.5 x 200.7 x 60.1|
SE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT) (2006)
|26,955$||6||all wheel drive||4||74.5 x 200.7 x 60.1|